Delete a channel in Telegram
Sometimes the community owner’s expectations in the messenger turn out to be unjustified or the desire to continue further work on it simply disappears. Then he decides to delete the channel in Telegram. There are several ways to do this. We consider in detail each of the options.
Reasons to delete a channel in Telegram
Why do people who have already spent a lot of time and effort to create their cell want to get rid of it:
- The administrator could not promote the community, gather active subscribers.
- A person does not have time to prepare and post quality material, and without this promotion is impossible.
- The author has lost interest in this issue or decided to change the direction of activity.
When the channel really consists only of fraudulent users, the removal may be justified. If the reason is to curtail business, but the community is active, brings money, is developing steadily, then it makes sense to sell it.
Working with a group in Telegram is very simple, here everything can be understood on an intuitive level. Therefore, it is also removed easily. Only the instructions for the computer or smartphone will be slightly different.
Delete a channel in Telegram.
You can remove it both on the Iphone and on other gadgets. The procedure will be the same everywhere.
On the channel page
One way to get rid of a private or public cell is as follows:
- Open the list of available chats, find the right one.
- Go to the public by identifying it by name.
- A data page will appear. In the corner is a gear-like icon. Here are all the settings. Click on it.
- In the new window, select “Information”.
- At the bottom of the list will be the item “Delete”. Click here.
- It remains only to confirm their intentions, after waiting for the liquidation of all data.
Through the channel list
The second option for the phone looks even easier, and can also be used for any kind of group:
- Open Telegram and find the right chat among available chats.
- Press for a few seconds.
- During this time, the context menu will become available where we need the “Delete” item.
- It remains only to confirm their intentions, after which all messages, photos and public users will disappear forever.
Those who prefer to work with Telegram on a computer can easily delete groups on it. The described methods are suitable for all operating systems. So you can get rid of your chat or leave someone else’s.
Via the Channel Information menu
In this case, do the following:
- Open the application and search for the desired community.
- At the top of the panel is its name. Click on it with the mouse.
- The “Channel Information” will appear, where you should select the “Leave” item. It is at the very bottom of the list.
- To confirm the operation, it is important to click “Exit”.
You can leave the public in another way:
- Open the archive in a dialog box. To do this, click on the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen.
- Channel Information appears.
- On the side there will be a list of available functions, among which you should find “Leave group”.
- Confirm your intention.
Via the context menu
There is another option to delete a group in Telegram on the computer:
- Find the image of three points at the top of the screen and click on it.
- The actions that are available to the community appear in a new window.
- At the bottom there is an item “Leave chat”, you should select it and confirm the action.
The consequences of removing the channel
By performing any of the above algorithms, you will forever lose your community. Restore nothing will fail. Therefore, it is recommended that you think carefully and weigh it. Otherwise, if after a while you decide to lead the group in the messenger again, you will have to start from scratch.
Getting rid of Telegram chat is very simple. To do this, just click a few buttons. But to return all the information and the subscribers who were there, will not work. Therefore, resource owners are advised to ponder the solution several times.