Why notifications come in Telegram and how to fix it
Communication on social networks and instant messengers is becoming more popular. Every day, billions of messages pass between recipients around the world. The main communication channel for many people is Telegram.
Telegram notifications – what are these and types
Telegram promptly notifies its users of new SMS or incoming calls using pop-up windows on the desktop. Notifications are accompanied by vibration and a short beep. The function helps people to keep abreast of what is happening in conversations and chats.
Push notifications come to users when:
- A new message has been received.
- Missed audio or video call
- an incoming call arrives;
- posted a new post on the channel;
- an invitation to groups has been received;
- saved subscribers change numbers;
- App update appears.
note! Alerts come only with an internet connection. The number of new messages is displayed on the application icon.
The main reasons for the absence – what to check
The function of receiving notifications when offline in the background of the application allows users to always keep their finger on the pulse. A person can quickly get acquainted with incoming messages without opening a program. However, sometimes alerts disappear. Next – instructions on how to enable notifications in Telegram, if they stopped coming.
A frequent reason for the lack of notifications is the activated silent chat mode.
How to check if it is active or not on Android:
- Go to the chat from which notifications do not come.
- Click the ellipsis icon located in the upper left corner.
- From the presented parameters, select the item “Disabling notifications”.
Note! Alerts will not come if the toggle switch is off. To start receiving push notifications from chat again, you need to return to “ON” mode.
How to check on iphone:
- In the desired chat, click on its name.
- Click on the bell in the middle.
On a note! If the inscription “On. sound ”, notifications are disabled.
Application system crash
Despite the powerful Telegram protection system, it is not immune to sudden outages. The usual mode of operation may be violated due to an internal error. If notifications do not come to Telegram, you need to restart the application or phone.
Sometimes Telegram alerts do not come due to a settings failure.
If this happens, the messenger user needs:
- Go to your account settings.
- Open the Notification and Sound tab.
- View all available options.
- Return the toggle switch to “ON” in the “Show notifications” column.
Note! Settings are saved automatically. You can change them at any time, returning to their original position.
If all options have already been tried, and messages have not yet arrived in Telegram, you should look at the phone settings:
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Find “Telegram” in the list.
- Go to application settings.
- In the list of all parameters, select “Notifications.” Check if incoming messages are allowed to be displayed on the screen. If the word “Forbidden” is lit, you must switch it.
A common mistake of many users is waiting for notifications from the secret chat. The app does not send secret alerts in an open form to preserve the confidentiality of the conversation.
How to set up notifications
The developers have provided detailed notification settings. Each user can choose the sound, vibration power and displayed alert text. For a specific operating system, its own rules for setting parameters.
On the phone
The mobile version of Telegram is rich in a wide range of functions, unlike the desktop one. Users can turn on / off incoming notifications, remove the visibility of recent visits, as well as hide chats.
Note! All parameters created and saved on the phone will be transferred to the synchronized version for PC.
IPhone owners can set up notifications in two ways. The first one has fewer functions and saves time.
How to change the notification from a specific contact:
- Choose correspondence.
- Click on the name of the contact. In the column that appears, you can disable incoming Push notifications. To do this, click on “Mute” (turn off the sound).
- Click on contact photo.
- Select the column “Notifications”. In it, you can change the sound of notifications about incoming messages, as well as block the contact for a while.
How to change alerts through settings:
- Click the gear icon located in the lower right corner.
- Select “Notifications and Sounds”.
- Customize your preferences.
On gadgets with the Android operating system, the setup is identical with the Iphone.
- Launch the application.
- Select Settings Tab.
- Go to the section “Notifications and sounds”.
- Move the alert toggle switches to the desired position. You can turn off sound and vibration, and select exclusion contacts.
Setting alerts in a specific dialog:
- Go to the conversation with the desired contact.
- Click on username.
- Select the section “Notifications”.
- Open the Customize subcategory.
- Switch options as you wish.
The disabled notification function in the application settings is the main reason why Telegram notifications on Android do not come.
On the computer
Mobile device accounts and PC versions are synchronized with each other. All selected application settings will be transferred to the desktop version instantly.
How to check the settings on a PC:
- Launch the application.
- Click on the three dashes located in the upper left corner.
- Select the “Setting” section indicated by the gear.
- Go to Notification.
- Uncheck or check the boxes.
What are the benefits of communicating in Telegram
Many users chose Telegram as the main messenger, abandoning similar applications.
Its advantages are as follows:
- the application works even offline;
- Telegram is completely free;
- convenient setting of alerts;
- the presence of peer-to-peer-connection, which guarantees good quality of communication with a low Internet signal;
- the ability to create and use bots that perform additional functions;
- dialogue search function;
- large selection of stickers;
- ability to hide network status;
- security and information protection;
- convenient interface and intuitive controls;
- the ability to receive and send files of any format.
How to enable sound in Telegram, even a child will understand. Users can adjust notification settings through the settings. If notifications are gone, you need to see if they are allowed to come in the messenger and phone. Perhaps one of the parameters has flown. Having found out what is the cause of the problem, it will be easy to fix.