Multi-account in Telegram
When one account is used to work and communicate with friends, a lot of dialogues accumulate, they all get confused, it becomes inconvenient to use the messenger. Not everyone likes to run several channels from one profile: advertising offers and other information are mixed.
A multi-account Telegram comes to the rescue. The function was introduced in 2017. First, Android users tested it, then iOS.
Why do I need a multi-account in Telegram
Multi-account in Telegram.
If you want to distinguish between work and communication with friends, the multiple account function is perfect for you: on one profile you will be charged to colleagues, on the other to relatives.
Some users have more than 10 channels: for themselves, monetization, private public. But Telegram set a limitation: one person is the administrator of only 8 channels.
Users did not despair and found a way out in the creation of a second profile, because in this case it would be possible to have 16 channels: 8 from one account, 8 from another.
How to set up two accounts
To connect the multiple accounts function from a PC, launch the desktop messenger and use Telegram Web, then you will not have to install unofficial utilities or sit on the installation of two official applications.
From a smartphone, just add a second account.
- The messenger combines contacts from all profiles into one phone book. If desired, prohibit doing this in the settings.
- All accounts are online at the same time.
- There is a green circle next to the active profile.
- Telegram delivers notifications immediately from all accounts, indicating which of them received the message.
- You cannot delete an account. To do this, reinstall the program to register only one page.
Important! In one application, you can add only three accounts. If you need to add a fourth, install Telegram X.
You cannot create multiple accounts in Telegram by linking everything to one phone number – all profiles must be registered to different numbers.
On an Android phone
To quickly add an account in Telegram, launch the application, then swipe to the right. The main menu will open. Next to the username and smartphone number you will see an arrow. Tap on it and select “Add account”.
After that, you will have to go through the usual registration: Telegram will ask you to enter a mobile, which will receive a code within a minute, and write a username.
There is another (longer) way. Install 2 Telegram on one phone: the official application and Telegram X (look for them in the Play Market or App Store) and register under different accounts.
To multi-account on iPhone, launch the messenger and swipe to the right. The main menu will open. Next to the username and smartphone number, click the arrow and tap on it. From the menu that appears, select “Add account”.
Now go through the usual registration: enter the mobile number to which the code will arrive within a minute, write the username.
There is a more laborious way to install 2 Telegram on one phone: the official program and Telegram X. Look for utilities in the Play Market app store or App Store. Register under different profiles.
On the computer
The desktop messenger does not yet know how to add an account, but there is still a way out!
Change the user in Telegram on the computer using unofficial applications, or download several official versions (Windows, macOS), or create files with profiles (Linux distributions).
On the Mac:
- install two official Telegrams and register different accounts;
- Download the Unigram program. iGram Desktop or IrangramDesktop: there is a function for creating multiple profiles.
To add another profile, install the second Telegram on your computer and create a new account. After installing the messenger and registering on the desktop, you will see two shortcuts. Just do not mix up where which profile!
If you do not want to remember shortcuts with accounts, then use the unofficial Unigram application:
- Open utility.
- Click on the three gray lines in the upper left. The main menu will appear.
- Find the arrow next to the username and phone number. Click on it.
- From the menu that appears, select “Add account”.
Also suitable are iGram Desktop, Irangram Desktop. Download software from here or from the official Microsoft store.
On Linux distributions, the algorithm for introducing new profiles differs from the actions on other operating systems.
Do the following:
- Open the terminal with Ctrl + Alt + T and create a folder by typing mkdir -p ~ / telegram2ndprofile. A folder will be created in the current directory (file system). If you want to specify the save path, write the command mkdir -p ~ / Downloads / telegram2ndprofile.
- Launch Telegram by writing the following: / Telegram -many -workdir ~ / .telegram2ndprofile.
- Create a second Telegram file. Name it so that you don’t get confused where is which account.
Create pages in the same way, just write the file name different.
The messenger icon will appear directly on the screen. How many profiles you make – there will be so many icons. Click on the necessary to enter under different accounts.
Switch between accounts
Adding a new Telegram account.
The instructions for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac OS are the same.
To change your account, do the following:
- Launch the messenger.
- Swipe from left to right. See the main menu.
- Click on the arrow next to the username and mobile number.
- Select your account. Next to the active is a green circle.
To change profiles on Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint and other Linux distributions, click on one of the available Telegram icons.
Telegram multi-account is an indispensable function for those who use the messenger not only to communicate with friends and visit interesting public places, but also to work. Adding profiles is done in many ways. Install two applications, use the desktop and web versions at the same time, use unofficial utilities.
On Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, the principle of adding accounts is different. To change the account on the device, select the desired profile in the main menu, open the second application or another file.