Deleting Telegram Contacts on Phone and Computer
How many numbers are stored in the notebook of your smartphone? But how many are needed among them? Those people with whom you keep in touch regularly? Surely you are not chatting with everyone you know daily. With some, we dare to assume that you don’t communicate at all.
Unnecessary contacts do not take up much memory space, but synchronizing the phone book with instant messengers can get your nerves nervous: everyone who installs the program will be “highlighted” in the list of your chats.
The article will discuss how to delete contacts in Telegram on a smartphone and a PC, as well as figure out what to do with annoying and unwanted “guests” of your profile.
Reasons to delete contacts
There can be many reasons for removing a person from the chat list. Perhaps you do not want the conversation with a friend to show off on the screen. Maybe a person often sends you boring videos and pictures without burdening yourself with typing a text message. It’s likely that in finding a friend you don’t like to scroll through hundreds of names that appear in the chat list due to synchronization.
Whatever the reason, it’s necessary to remove contacts in Telegram from time to time. Don’t clog the list, right?
Step-by-step instructions for removing a contact from Telegram
Delete contacts in Telegram on Iphone.
In order to remove an extra contact in Telegram on the phone, users of Iphone and Android will need no more than a minute. Consider the algorithm of actions for each platform in more detail.
- First of all, launch the messenger and follow the chat list.
- Find the desired contact, open a dialog with it.
- Click on the user’s icon (friend’s profile photo at the top of the display).
- Before you appeared information about the person and a list of possible actions, click on “Edit”.
- In the window that opens, select “Delete Contact”, confirm the action.
In order to completely clean up an unnecessary conversation, in the dialog box, drag your finger from right to left and click on the “Recycle Bin” icon. Then we execute the above algorithm.
For Android Phone
The action plan for Android owners will be similar:
- We launch Telegram, follow the chat list and find the unnecessary number.
- In the window that opens, click on the name of the interlocutor.
- In the upper right part of the screen, click on three points. A list of possible actions appears.
- Select “Delete”, confirm.
For Windows Smartphone
Removing a number from Telegram is also easy in Windows.
To do this, do the following:
- We start work in the program, open the application, go to the chat list.
- In the dialog that opens, the “Delete” button will be located in the upper right corner, click on it.
For the desktop version of the application
In the computer version of the application (it is called “Desktop”), you can delete a contact from Telegram as follows:
- Run the program, go to the chat list.
- Choose the one you want, click on the field to the right of the interlocutor’s name with the mouse.
- In the upper corner of the monitor you will see the inscription “Delete” or “Delete”, click on it.
- Confirm intentions.
Delete multiple contacts at once
If several accounts are among the objectionable, you can delete them in bulk.
It is done like this:
- We go into the messenger, click on the three strips in the upper left of the display.
- Open the “Contacts” / “Edit” submenu.
- Choose old records one by one, click “Delete”.
In new versions of the application, you can clear the list directly from the chat list. To do this, hold the username (or group of chats) with your finger. In the upper right corner of the display, click on the “Trash” icon. The messenger will no longer show the names you select.
Please note that people deleted in this way can return to the contact list. To do this, it will be enough for them to simply send you an emoticon. If you plan to permanently remove a person, do it through the notebook of your smartphone. Then synchronization will occur, and the number will completely disappear from Telegram.
What to do with channels and group conversations? How to permanently disable the endless stream of spam?
From groups, if you do not have admin access, you will have to delete yourself:
- Open a dialogue with a channel or group.
- We click on three points in the right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Leave Channel” or “Leave Group”.
You can also temporarily hide alerts from other people’s active channels. To do this, hold down the name with your finger and click on the speaker icon at the top of the screen. In this case, you will not receive sound alerts.
Some have the habit of writing constantly, even after asking them not to. The developers have provided the opportunity to block access to conversations for such comrades. In order not to receive messages from this or that user, a person needs to be blocked.
He will be able to write to you, but you will not receive SMS.
- We open the list of chats, we pass to conversation with the “pestering” friend.
- Click on the three dots at the top of the dialog.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Block”.
With these simple actions you will save your peace, they won’t be able to write to you anymore.
So, removing unnecessary contacts in Telegram is a simple matter. To do this, just click a couple of buttons in the chat list. It is important to remember that the final removal of the number occurs through the notebook of the smartphone. Then the contact “meet” will be removed from the messenger.
If the removal does not help, and the person continues to send annoying SMS, block it. After this message, they will not reach you.