Deleting a Telegram Account
Sooner or later, everyone understands that several applications on the phone just take up space. They can be uncomfortable, unnecessary, “load” alerts. In this case, it is worth getting rid of a useless program. Among the objectionable may be once beloved messengers.
In the article we’ll tell you how to delete a Telegram account, how deactivation differs from a complete deletion, will correspondence with interlocutors be preserved and will friends be able to use your old messages for personal purposes.
Reasons for deleting your Telegram account
Remote Telegram Account.
There are dozens of reasons to delete a page in Telegram, despite the positive feedback from thousands of users and the advantages of the program.
You can abandon the account, and the application will just take up space in memory. Or you will discover a more convenient messenger or channel created for business. It’s likely that you don’t like the politician Durov or you’re tired of the telegram bot spam.
Removing from the Telegram application is not difficult. Before that, check if there is important information left in it? After you give confirmation on deactivation, all stickers, videos, photos and message archives from the page will be lost.
The developers took care of data security: sms are not stored on the servers; you cannot restore them. If you are determined to permanently delete your Telegram account, let’s figure out the ways.
Account Deletion Methods
There are several options. Account can be deactivated for a while. How to do it? Simply remove the application from the phone by holding its icon with your finger and sending it to the trash (the “cross” icon). In this option, your account will be saved, and Telegram will not be bored with reminders about updates. In this case, you can restore your account as many times as you like, there are no restrictions.
Removing Telegram irrevocably is also easy. This is done in two ways, we will analyze each of them step by step.
- Open a browser on any device (Android, Iphone, iOS).
- In the search box, we hammer the following combination “https://my.telegram.org/auth”.
- After entering the link, a window will open in front of you. Enter the phone number associated with the account in it.
- A message will come to him. We enter the contents into the browser window, confirm the correctness.
- In the list that appears, select “Deactivate (Delete) Account”. This is translated into Russian as “Delete Account”.
- In a new window you will be asked to indicate the reason why you decided to leave. Choose the option you want, click on the inscription “Done”.
- Then you will be asked to confirm the intention again. We agree.
Profile deletion completed. Remember that the history of conversations with you will be saved in contacts.
Clearing account history.
If you do not want to, clean it before removing it. Then nobody can upload your secret chats to the Network.
- Open a dialogue in Telegram.
- In the upper right corner of the display, click on three points.
- In the list that appears, select “Clear History”.
- A window will open in front of you, in which you should put a daw under “Also clear history for ..”, and click on the red inscription “Clear history”.
Done! Now there are no traces left.
If you don’t want to clean anything manually, there’s an easier way. He is a two-stage.
At the first stage, we select the time after which Telegram will be destroyed. On the second, the application will delete everything for you.
- Open the messenger and click on the three stripes in the upper left of the screen.
- Click on “Settings” / “Privacy”.
- We get down to the item “Auto deletion of account”.
- We select the period after which the program will self-delete.
After the selected time, your profile will be demolished. All groups, chats and media will disappear with it.
On the phone
The first two methods are relevant for Android phones and Iphone. There are no differences in the sequence of steps. The algorithm for the complete removal of the program on the computer will be different. Let’s take a closer look.
On the computer
For Windows, the action plan is as follows:
- We click on the “Start” button, go to the “Control Panel”, select “Programs and Features”, look for the messenger icon in the list that opens.
- Right-click on it and select “Delete”.
Mac OS requires you to do this:
- Launch from the bottom panel of the Quick Launch Finder, open the Applications folder.
- We find the Telegram icon, pinch it and drag it to the “Trash” (lower right side of the monitor).
- Now click on the “Basket” with the right mouse button, select “Empty the basket”.
- Launch the ubuntu application center, open the “Installed” section.
- Find the messenger icon, click on it.
- Click the “Delete” button.
Removing a program while maintaining an account
If you’re tired of notifications, and you decide to take a break from them temporarily, you need to uninstall the program itself.
As we noted, the profile will not be subject to deactivation, and you can download the application again at any time from the App Store or from the official website on the Internet.
- On the desktop of the smartphone we find the icon.
- Hold it with your finger, wait for a pop-up window.
- In it, select the “Delete”.
Your account will appear in the system, but you will not receive messages and notifications.
Is it possible to recover a deleted account
Your data is not stored on servers. Recovering fully your profile information will not work. If you decide to return to the program, you will have to create an account again:
- Download messenger from your usual app store.
- Choose a language, enter a phone number.
- We drive in the password received by the SMS message.
- Enter your name, add photo and status, proceed to online communication.
Please note that there are many suggestions on the Internet to recover deleted profiles. Wanting to make money on gullible citizens is not harmful. Harmful on this. Never forget that there are a lot of scammers on the web.
So, deleting your Telegram profile is a matter of two minutes. Choose the appropriate option, clear the message history and remember that it is impossible to return data.