Delete Telegram Account with Iphone
Smartphones contain hundreds of useful programs. But far from all installed applications we use every day. Often, dozens of once interesting programs simply “hang” on a mobile phone’s menu as a dead weight.
In the article, we will talk about how to delete a profile in Telegram via Iphone. What methods of account deletion exist and what consequences it may end.
Step-by-step instructions for deleting an account on Iphone
The easiest way to delete a Telegram account on Iphone is to deactivate your page through the application website.
Entrance to the official website
Delete Telegram Account with Iphone.
First of all, you need to go to the necessary resource.
To do this, perform the following steps:
- Open Safari, enter https://my.telegram.org/auth in the search bar
- A window will open before you. It should indicate the phone number to which the profile was registered.
- We carefully check whether the data is entered correctly, and click the “Next” button.
- An SMS message with a password will be sent to your number, which should be entered in the browser.
Now it’s the turn to retire from your Telegram to Iphone completely.
- In the same window where you entered the password, the message “Deactivate (Delete) Account” will appear (translated into Russian as “deactivate account”). Need to click on it.
- Next, you will be asked to indicate the reason why you decided to leave. Here you select the desired item.
- Now click on the “Finish” button, again confirm the desire to permanently delete the profile.
Read the page deletion notification.
Profile Self Destruction
You can delete a more irrelevant Telegram account on Iphone in another way. More precisely, the data will not be erased by you, but by the program itself.
You only need to specify the period after which your profile will be destroyed automatically.
- Open the messenger, in the upper left corner of the display, click on the three strips.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Settings”, go to the “Privacy” section.
- Next, scroll to the item “Account auto deletion”.
- You will be offered several options – from one month to a year. Choose a term that suits you.
After a specified period of time, the account will be deleted. A few days before that an alert will come.
Consequences of deleting an account
In addition, all messages you write will be erased only by you. Conversations that you conducted with contacts will remain with them in full.
If you do not want this, you should take care of removing the “tails” in advance.
- Before you remove Telegram from Iphone, open chat rooms with correspondence.
- In the upper right corner, click on the three dots, select the “Clear History”.
- Now you should check the box “Also clear the history for ..” (friend’s name).
- Confirm your desire.
After these actions and deleting the profile, your correspondence will be completely destroyed.
Uninstall the application on iPhone
The ways to get rid of the messenger did not end there.
You can deactivate applications using these options:
- Find the Telegram icon, pinch it with your finger.
- Click on the cross that appears.
Uninstalling the application is also offered through the Arp Store:
- We open the market, through the search we find Telegram.
- Click on the messenger icon, select “Delete”.
Done! Now the program does not take up space on the phone and does not bother with endless alerts.
Removing Telegram from Iphone is a matter of a couple of minutes. You can crank up the process in several ways: directly from the developers site, use the auto-delete function, or deal with the program demolition manually.
Regardless of which option you choose, remember that all your data will be lost. If the profile contains important information or files, take care of their transfer to the device. Otherwise you will lose them forever.