Delete Telegram account from phone
Modern communications have hundreds of advantages. Mobile applications installed on smartphones allow you to exchange instant SMS, video, voice messages. This format of communication is often cheaper than the tariffs of mobile operators, in addition, the data is protected, they can not be stolen by attackers.
There are messengers and cons. Constant updates, notifications, requests to evaluate the program .. In the article we will tell you how to delete a Telegram account from your phone, what methods exist for this and how to save important information.
Why remove Telegram from your phone
There may be dozens of reasons. Annoying notifications, contacts sending out spam .. Perhaps you just found a messenger with more convenient functionality, and there was no need for Telegram. There are several ways to delete your Telegram page via phone. We offer you to familiarize yourself with each of them in more detail.
Step-by-step instructions for deleting an account
To delete a Telegram account via phone, both Iphone users and owners of smartphones on the Android platform can. In both cases, this procedure does not take much time.
For Android smartphone
In order to get rid of the application, you need to do the following:
- Find the program icon on the desktop of the phone, hold it with your finger.
- In the drop-down menu, select the “Delete” item, click on it.
You can go the other way and delete your Telegram account from your phone through the Play market.
Step by step it looks like this:
- Open the market (by default it is installed in the main menu of the smartphone).
- In the search bar we find the application we need, click on the name.
- In the pop-up window, select “Delete”, confirm the intent.
Deactivating the application on ios will be similar:
- Clamp the messenger icon, wait for the pop-up menu.
- In it, click on the red cross.
It is completely possible to remove Telegram from the phone through the Arp Store:
- We open the store, through the search bar we find the application.
- Click on its icon, select “Delete”.
Messenger will not bother you with alerts.
The previous methods, it is worth noting, deleted only the program itself. Your profile will still appear in the database. At any time, you can download the application for free in Russian or English, and all the old information will be available. In order to leave the messenger forever, you need to go the other way and remove your profile from the online system.
This (for both Iphone and Android) is done like this:
- Open browser.
- In the search bar, enter the following link “https://my.telegram.org/auth”
Permanently deleting an account.
- After that, a window will open in front of you. Enter the cell phone number associated with the account in it.
- A message will be dropped on it. We enter the contents into the browser window, confirm the correctness.
- In the list that appears, select “Deactivate (Delete) Account”.
- In a new window you will be asked to indicate the reason why you decided to leave. Choose the option you want, click on the inscription “Done”.
- Then you will be asked to confirm the intention again. We agree.
Untie the number is not necessary. Your profile no longer exists in the database.
Account Self Destruction
The developers have provided the ability to destroy data automatically.
To do this, you do not need to follow the links, everything happens in the settings of the application itself:
- Open the messenger, click on the three stripes in the upper left of the screen.
- Select “Settings”, go to the “Privacy” section.
- We get down to the item “Auto deletion of account”.
- We select the period after which the program will self-delete.
After the period you specified, the profile will be deleted automatically. A few days before the expected date, you will receive a notification.
Profile deletion consequences
Before deciding to completely remove the account, be sure to check that there is no important information left in it. After you accept the offer to destroy data, all photos, videos, dialogs, groups and channels will be completely lost. You will not be able to return them upon re-registration, since data is not stored on the servers.
How to save important messages
The preservation of the necessary dialogs, as you already understood, should be taken care of in advance. From the phone, alas, this will not work (exceptions are screenshots). Need a computer on Windows.
Saving Messages to Telegram on PC.
So, in order not to lose messages, download the desktop version of Telegram to the laptop.
- After installation, open the program, click on the three bars in the upper left corner of the monitor.
- Select the “Settings” menu, go to the “Privacy” section.
- Scroll to the inscription “Export data from Telegram”, click on it.
- In the window that opens, you will be offered the data sections available for export. You can select the necessary parameters (profile information, list of friends, personal correspondence, groups, channels ..) Put checkmarks in front of the necessary items. Tags can be removed if the default is unnecessary.
- After that, you will be prompted to select a folder for storage. Specify the desired.
- Now you need to click on the “Export” button (lower right corner of the program).
- We are waiting for several minutes without closing the window.
- After the process is completed, you will see a window with the results. You will be asked to familiarize yourself with what happened. If interested, click on the “View” button.
Please note that this feature is available on Windows. It will not work to export data from a smartphone; you have to download Telegram to a computer.
You can remove the messenger from the phone online and directly from its settings. Both options will completely destroy your Telegram profile. When you remove the program by holding your finger, the account will continue to “live” in the database, and at any time you can access all the files in it.