Delete Telegram account from computer
Popular instant messengers release desktop versions – those that are installed on computers and laptops. For some users, this is more convenient: you can keep working correspondence without reading the fine print of your smartphone. However, once a useful program may be unnecessary. In this case, it will only clog the device’s memory.
In the article, we will figure out how to delete a Telegram account from a computer and what method of account “demolition” will be more reliable.
Reasons to delete Telegram account from computer
Delete Telegram account from computer.
Deleting a profile in Telegram via a computer is as simple as using a smartphone. It will be especially important to clear data if you used a foreign device.
Leaving the information on your page, you risk disclosing all correspondence, videos and audio files to strangers.
Also, you may need to remove the telegram account if you simply want to use this messenger. There are several ways to get rid of a program. Let us consider each of them in more detail.
Deleting a profile on the official website
In order to remove Telegram from a computer, it is not necessary to understand the settings and search for system folders. The simplest solution is to delete your account on the official website of the program (Telegram.org).
For this we need:
- Make sure the laptop is connected to the Internet, open a web browser.
- In the search box, type “https://my.telegram.org/auth”.
- On the page that opens, enter the phone number to which you registered the profile.
- After that, a password will come to the smartphone, which should be entered in the browser window.
- In the list that appears, select “Deactivate (Delete) Account” (in Russian, “delete account”).
- You will be asked to indicate the reason you decided to leave. We select it from the list, click on the inscription “Done”.
- Confirm your desire to delete the account.
After that, it will be impossible to enter the profile. The method is also suitable for phones on the Android platform, iphone.
Ways to uninstall Telegram from PC
If for some reason the previous online version does not suit you, try deleting the page, or rather the program, offline. It is possible to completely erase the computer version of the messenger in different ways.
Let’s figure out which option will be more convenient for you.
Windows Control Panel
This method takes less than a minute:
- First of all, we press the “Start” button (lower left corner of the monitor).
- Select from the list “Control Panel” / “Programs and Features”.
- A folder will open in front of you, in which you need to find the Telegram icon.
- Click on it with the right mouse button, select the “Delete” function.
If your device supports Linux, we do this:
We go to the application center Ubuntu / “Installed” / “Telegram” / “Delete”.
You can go the other way and select the removal option, which was set by the program developers.
To do this, you must:
- Find the Telegram shortcut on the computer desktop and right-click on it.
- In the menu that opens, select “File Location”.
- A window will pop up. Now you need to find the file “Unins000.exe.” and double click on it. After that, confirm the program request.
Please note that the algorithm is relevant for new versions of Windows. In versions prior to 8.0, after manipulating the shortcut, select “Properties” / “File location”.
Consequences of deleting a Telegram profile
Regardless of the selected method of deletion, your dialogs and files are lost. It will be impossible to restore correspondence and group data, since this information is not stored on servers. The only way to return to the messenger is to register in it again.
You can delete an account from a computer both online and offline. If you choose the second method, it is advisable to clean the device with a special utility. This will save you from possible problems in case of reinstalling the messenger.