Adding Music to Telegram
The life of music lovers became joyless after the introduction of paid music subscriptions by the VKontakte administration. The opportunity to save was saved, but there were serious time limits and endless interruptions to ads that made listening unbearable.
Frustrated subscribers began to look for a replacement. Attention was drawn to the messenger, radically different from others. It turned out that you can download, save, and add music to Telegram and listen to it for free. There are several ways to do this.
Download audio files to Telegram
Adding Music to Telegram.
Telegram has long gone beyond the usual messenger for online communication. The functionality is constantly expanding, new features are added.
This is no longer just a means of communication, it allows you to exchange various files, maintain a blog, and assemble interest groups.
In the fall of 2017, along with the next update, the creators added a built-in audio player. Since then you can listen, download, store any tracks from a variety of sources.
In terms of functionality, it is similar to ordinary players. There is also a pause, rewind, song information. The developers are trying to make Telegram as convenient as possible, so a person with any level of knowledge will be able to easily navigate and master the application.
At the time of its first sound, the track is automatically added to the application cache. Thanks to this feature, you can listen to music without an internet connection. But for the sound to go, you need to click on the arrow to the right of it. The download will start, which will take very little time. When finished, click on Play and enjoy the music.
If you do not monitor the cache, over time, the phone’s memory will become full. In the application settings, you can set the data retention period. It is also easy to change.
How to do it:
- Go to the application menu, select the “Settings” section.
- Log in to Data and Drive.
- In the window that opens, select “Disk Usage”.
- Now you can set the data retention period.
Important! If the “Always” storage period is selected, then you need to periodically clean the cache. To do this simply through the settings menu.
On an Android phone
There are two different ways you can add music to Telegram from your Android smartphone or tablet.
What you need to do for this:
- Open the application, enter the menu.
- Select the Favorites tab from the list.
- In the message window that opens, click on the arrow.
- From the proposed selection, click on “Music”.
- Select the desired melody from the playlist and click “Send”.
Now this song can be heard on Telegram without an internet connection.
Using a bot
The second method allows you to add melodies from group chats and channels using a special bot named @cctracks.
How to use it:
- In the application through the search engine find the bot @cctracks.
- A list of musical compositions opens with information about the name of the tracks, the names of the artists, the number of views, the duration of the sound. To listen to a song, click on Play.
- At the first listening, there will be an arrow looking down at the track. You must click on it to save the music to the device’s memory for playback. Wait for the download to finish.
- At the moment of sounding, the player’s control panel will appear at the top of the screen. Through it, you can pause the melody, interrupt the hearing, close the device. If you click on it and hold it for a bit, then advanced functions will become available.
- To enter full screen mode, you need to pull the player panel up.
- A playlist with a selection of tracks will become available on the screen. For each, you can see the information. If you click on it, the album cover will be visible.
- To the right of the track is an ellipsis. A menu is stored there, through which you can send a song to Telegram to yourself or to any of your contacts, as well as transfer audio to friends from other messengers and social networks, send a file by mail or drop it into the cloud. In addition, the track will help return to the start page through the option “Show in chat”.
- Using the special buttons, you can change the playback order: make it random or reverse, set to repeat one song or the entire album.
Note! Telegram is the only messenger that is completely protected from hacking, so a password is not required when registering. But this option is available.
You can download tracks from channels and chats to Iphone as well as to Android. But in order to save “Favorites” files from ios memory, you must first upload them to iClouds.
How to do it:
- Log in to Drive under your Apple ID. If not, then register.
- Download the desired compositions there.
- Next, open Telegram, go to the Favorites folder.
- Go to iCloud through a clip, start downloading the necessary tracks from there.
Thus, you can add any songs to the application and listen to them without an internet connection.
On the computer
Saving ringtones from Telegram to a computer is also very simple:
- Select a song, right-click on a message.
- From the list of available options that opens, select “Save audio file as .. / Save Audio File As ..”.
- It remains only to indicate the path where you want to save the track on the PC.
Save music to Telegram
You can save any music in Telegram using your personal cloud storage. It is built into the application and is called “Favorites”. To listen to your favorite songs, you must first throw them to yourself. It can be tracks from thematic channels, as well as audio files from a personal phone or computer.
Adding to Favorites
There is a simple way to download music to Telegram from the phone’s memory:
- Go to the “Favorites” folder through the application menu.
- There is a paper clip next to the text box. Click on it.
- Select the Music section.
- Find and select the necessary files in the list.
- All that remains is to click “Send” and listen to music from the application offline.
The following method helps to upload files from application channels:
- Go to the channel, choose your favorite track.
- You will see an ellipsis on the right. Click on it, click on “Forward”.
- From the list that opens, select “Favorites”.
Now the songs are in your personal cloud storage, you can listen to them without restrictions.
No matter how convenient and good the Favorites folder is, it is not quite suitable for storing music. By default, all files get there: documents, images. Over time, finding a track there becomes problematic.
The application developers took care of this and gave users the opportunity to create their own playlist in Telegram using a personal channel. There are no restrictions: you can make a separate one for each collection of songs, close it from everyone or invite friends there, share playlists with other music lovers. By adding hashtags to your songs, you can organize an excellent search on tracks.
Create your own channel.
How to create your own chat:
- Enter the application menu, select “Create Channel”.
- Enter the name of the future chat. You can add a description.
Next, select the type. It can be “Public”, accessible to all users of the messenger, or “Private”. In the second case, it will be hidden from prying eyes, but you can invite friends there.
The personal channel is ready, you can add music from other chats or devices there.
By the way! The creation process is no different for different devices.
Send track to chat
Messenger allows you to share your files with other participants.
What you need to do for this:
- Enter the dialogue where you want to transfer the track.
- Click on the paperclip icon.
- From the list of options, select “Music”.
- In the window that opens, select the desired audio file from the list.
- Click “Submit”.
In addition, you can share tracks from channels:
- Go to the music channel.
- Select the desired melody.
- To her right is an arrow, click.
- From the list, select the recipient.
Thus, you can transfer files from various devices to the chat.
Thanks to Pavel Durov, a messenger appeared, which is worthy of competition with his own kind. It has its own subtleties and features, but it is easy to deal with them. The main thing is that it is absolutely free and allows you to listen to music without any restrictions.